Kinship Family Program
A one-of-a-kind, statewide program providing resources and support for Alaskans caring for their family members' children.
All services are free and confidential for families who are the primary caregivers of relative children under the age of 18.
Some of the resources this program provides Alaskan families:
- Monthly support groups for family members
- Case management services
- Community resources and referrals
- Respite care resources and referrals
- Lending library: books and resources for parents and children
- Advocacy and supportive informational services
- Statewide monthly newsletters full of resources and information
- Supplemental financial assistance
A few of our Kinship caregivers with their children.